10 Ways To Celebrate National Craft MonthMar 15, 2022
In 1994, the Craft & Hobby Association created this wonderful celebration in March that we know as National Craft Month. It was designed to help people rediscover their creativity and learn about the wonderful world of crafting and all of it's many benefits. I'd love for National Craft Month to signify the start of open craft season, just like all the hype that goes into opening day of hunting and fishing season, however, with no license required ;)
Here's a list of 10 ways to celebrate National Craft Month.
2) Attend a craft workshop - search Facebook Events for craft workshops near you or check out a craft bar that are becoming so popular.
3) Finish a UFO - that's an unfinished object in the quilting world :)
4) Visit your local craft, scrapbook, or quilt shop and do some shopping - your local shop may even be hosting some National Craft Month celebrations and specials!
5) Browse Pinterest or Instagram for some crafty inspiration - hashtag ideas such as #quiltingprojects, #scrapbooklayout. The ideas are endless!
6) Teach someone else your crafty skills - this is a great way to spend time with a child and pass a legacy to the next generation.
7) Clean and organize your craft room and supplies - Kondo Method, anyone?
8) Try a new crafty skill - what a great time to start a new hobby.
9) Take an online craft class - online craft classes are all the rage. Check out My Blueprint or Creative Bug to get started.
10) Start a creative business - If you are interested in starting a retreat business, check out our monthly Retreat Planning Workshop to learn how to plan a retreat your guests will love.
How will you celebrate National Craft Month? We would love to have you let us know in the comments below.
Happy Crafting Everyone!
Join the Retreat Planning Workshop
Starts December 15th
Stay connected with Retreat News!
Sign up for our monthly Retreat News newsletter delivered to your inbox on the 15th of each month
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.